7 Timeless Truths for the Mom Who Feels she is Failing!

by IFEOMA SAMUEL
Mom Guilt, Mom Failures
Get ready to get a bit uncomfortable!
One mommy friend of mine drove by my house
just the other day. We had quite a conversation.
And BOOM!
Like the
clock had stopped ticking and the whole “time-concept” ceased to exist when she blurted
out…
“I think I am
failing as a mom
 I am not good
enough for my kids”
Those words sliced through my heart.
If you have you ever said or thought these, then
you are not alone and this is for you.
Truthfully, being a mother can be exhausting and
 uncomfortable, many times, and in the midst of the
mundane finding joy may
become hard when we focus
on one word “PERFECT”.
Allow me cool the air around here a bit.
 I So Love Being a Mother!

But I am careful not to give the impression of
being a prefect mom. I don’t want to sound all perfect and comfortable.
There is a part of this whole process that moves me
deeply.
It is that tiny voice that says “You are not good
enough” or “You are failing”.
Perhaps something no one ever told you is
“You are never going to
be a perfect mom”
Yes I agree!
Did I break your heart?
I felt bad for my mommy friend. Her personal
struggles many a mom can relate to.
So guess what I did?
I shared my own shortcomings. I am not perfect and
I am not trying to keep the act together.
Girl friend, I’ve got my own mommy-struggles.

You
need to shred that unreal expectation of becoming a picture-perfect mom.
You are doing a great job being a mother.
You are working hard enough to be there for your
kids. And that counts for something.
You love your kids; you care for your home. That
too, counts for something.
You are doing the mundane chores; maybe not as smoothly
as you would want but you are doing it anyway. That too, Is Something.
God knows you are going to make mistakes here and
there. But He doesn’t want you dwelling on your failures.
Your kids need to know mommy is also human and not
supermom.
Your kids need “the real you”, who is vulnerable
yet loving and adorable.
Here are 7 timeless truths every mom should know.

You are not alone! God
is with you. So when you fall, God will catch you.

The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down: for the LORD upholdeth him with his hand.       Psalm 37:23-24
God is perfect, you
are not
. God completes you and fills up your empty spaces.
Your completion is in Him
Your perfection is in Christ

And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power: Colossians 2:10
Give yourself a break
and lose those impossible standards you have set for yourself
. Those worldly
standards don’t mean a thing. Do what you can, live with love and you can with God.

For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure. Philippians 2:13
Embrace the tiny grace-filled moments of your life rather than dwell on
your failures.
Drink your daily dose
of grace, one day at a time.
Yes! Woohoo! Grace is word I’d love to hear. Soak yourself up with God’s Word.
The other mom isn’t perfect!  The mom next door has her own faults and struggles too. Quit all the mommy-wars, competitions and comparisons.

For we dare not make ourselves of the number, or compare ourselves with some that commend themselves: but they measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise.                2Corinthians 10:12

Focus on the gracious gifts God has given you. Develop, learn and grow at your own pace. Changes, are better when done gradually and consistently.

Don’t tire yourself out trying to be a perfect mom,

desire to be a
Godly Mom instead
That is what counts…
Embrace God’s perfection for your imperfect life.
Embrace His Strength especially in your moment weakness.
To dig deeper, please read:
The Failing Series

By His Great Grace,
Ifeoma Samuel

Have you read my new devotional? You can get yours here.

I enjoy devotionals. If you do sign up to read them in your emails.
Get three free eBooks too. Download yours here.
Name*

Email*

I am linking here:
Monday: Good Morning Mondays, Soul Survival, Inspire me Mondays, Literacy Monday musings, , Art of Home Making, Encourage Me

Tuesday: Tell Me a True StoryTestimony Tuesday, Intentional Tuesday, #RaRa, United Linky, SDGgathering

Wednesday: Women with intention, Three Word Wednesday, WFMW, Wise Woman Linkup

Thursday: Live free Thursday, Thankful ThursdayShine Blog Hop

Weekend:  Five Minute FridayFaith and FellowshipBlessing countersDance with Jesus,  , GMGGrace and Truth Linkup

* Just in Case*

Dear friends, if you find leaving a comment challenging, please try using the anonymous option but fill your name and contact after your comments.

You can also try using Name and URL option too. If you are a blogger, please add your links in URL or comments so I can stop by too!

You may also like

44 comments

mamas*little*treasures September 28, 2015 - 1:24 pm

Hello! Just a quick note to let you know that we are featuring this post on the Ruby for Women blog today. I hope you will stop by and leave a comment and encouragement to some of our other team members. We are also promoting your devotional book through all of our social media sites. Thanks so much for your support for the ministry of Ruby! Nina @ Ruby for Women

IFEOMA SAMUEL October 1, 2015 - 7:32 am

Thank you Nina I appreciate your efforts.
Note Taken!

Linda Stoll September 28, 2015 - 1:33 pm

Oh I had so many of those days back in the day!

One day at a time, dear friend … and we find that God's grace is so sufficient and bountiful. He gets us through … and then our little ones grow up to be our dearest friends!

IFEOMA SAMUEL October 1, 2015 - 8:06 am

Hello Linda, many of us can relate with these feelings.
Thank you for stopping by friend I appreciate it.

Sarah Koontz September 28, 2015 - 2:46 pm

I just wrote a post on a similar topic on my blog, such an important message! I especially like how you point out that most moms have impossible standards for themselves. We truly do set ourselves up for failure, and the only way to succeed at mothering is to surrender it all to the Savior. Thanks for the encouragement this morning. Found you through the Literacy Musings Monday linkup.

IFEOMA SAMUEL October 1, 2015 - 8:10 am

Hi Sarah, I am going over to read your post too.
Thank you for stopping over, Sarah. I really appreciate it.

Lisa notes... September 29, 2015 - 12:37 am

These are wonderful reminders that perfection isn't possible and it's not our goal. God's grace is big enough to cover all our imperfections. Thanks for the encouragement, Ifeoma.

IFEOMA SAMUEL October 1, 2015 - 8:11 am

Yes Lisa, thank you for joining in.

Kathryn Shirey September 29, 2015 - 9:30 am

Wonderful! Being a mom is SO hard and yes, there are days I think we all feel like we're not getting it right – especially in this day of social media where we see images of other moms and they seem perfect (yet, we have to remember it's just an image).

IFEOMA SAMUEL October 1, 2015 - 8:14 am

"Just an image" I couldn't agree more.
Thanks friend.

Mary Geisen September 29, 2015 - 11:27 am

Beautiful words and ideas to remind all moms that perfect should never be our aspiration but gracious and loving should be our focus instead. Being a mom is hard work, but the rewards are so amazing. I love your heart and I know that your words were soothing for your friend.

IFEOMA SAMUEL October 1, 2015 - 8:20 am

Hi Mary, after our discussion she was relieved. Thank God.
Thank you for joining the conversation, Mary. I always appreciate your visit.
Many Blessings to you

Susan Shipe September 29, 2015 - 2:28 pm

I love when you come over and visit me – I wanted to return the hospitality! Mom is a hard job and none of us are perfect. Grandma-hood is easier because I can send them home. LOL!

IFEOMA SAMUEL October 1, 2015 - 8:22 am

You are so welcome, Susan. I enjoy reading posts from old and new blogging friends. Thanks for coming by.

Tiffany Parry September 29, 2015 - 3:32 pm

Great encouragement, Ifeoma. As moms we are truly in the trenches every day and because we do SO much, there is so much for the enemy to pick apart. I love your tips for keeping our eyes fixed on truth and trusting that the God who gave us our sweet babies chose us to raise them for a reason! Blessed to be your neighbor at #testimonytuesday.

IFEOMA SAMUEL October 1, 2015 - 8:27 am

Hi Tiffany, being mom is not easy but God's grace is sufficient.
Thank you for stopping over. I appreciate it.
Blessings to you

Mary Hill September 29, 2015 - 4:26 pm

So true on all the seven points. We shouldn't compare ourselves to other mothers. God has a different walk for each of us, and he deals with us all differently. Thanks for sharing.

IFEOMA SAMUEL October 1, 2015 - 8:28 am

Thank you Mary.

Crystal Storms September 29, 2015 - 6:53 pm

Ifeoma, these are timeless truths for each of us. Let us embrace who God created us to be, live within our own pace, and give grace to others on the journey. Thank you, Ifeoma, for sharing your heart at #IntentionalTuesday on Intentionally Pursuing. : )

IFEOMA SAMUEL October 1, 2015 - 8:30 am

Thank you Crystal. It is kind of you to always visit and leave a comment too. I really appreciate it.

Angela Parlin September 29, 2015 - 9:34 pm

This is so good, Ifeoma. I think the one about impossible standards is the one that I've struggled with the most. Thanks for sharing with us at #RaRaLinkup!

IFEOMA SAMUEL October 1, 2015 - 8:31 am

That's always an issue "Impossible Standards".
Thank you for visiting.

Tona September 30, 2015 - 12:09 am

This is very good. I am not a mother but I think these are things that we need to make sure that we all remember especially the one about focusing on the gracious gifts God has given you. Develop, learn and grow at your own pace. Changes, are better when done gradually and consistently.I realize that I need to learn and grow at my own pace with everything I do and not try to make gradual changes and be consistent about it.

IFEOMA SAMUEL October 1, 2015 - 8:33 am

Hi Tona, I am glad these tips can be applied to other aspects of life. We should learn to grow at our own pace and be consistent about it.
Thank you dear friend.
Loads of Blessings to you

Hazel Moon September 30, 2015 - 12:38 am

I love your reflections that encourage and remind us that we are HUMAN. When others look at me and you, they think we have it all together and seem perfect in their eyes. If they only knew the truth which is – – that each of us has struggles and things to overcome. As you said, only God is perfect (not us – but we are striving and keeping on) Thanks for the anointed words to help keep our feet on the solid rock you have shared today at Tell me a Story. – Love you, your aunt Hazel

IFEOMA SAMUEL October 1, 2015 - 8:53 am

Very True, Aunt Hazel. There is always a story behind all that glory we see. The earlier we get this the better for us all so we don't set ourselves up for failure.
Thank you for always visiting me Aunt Hazel. You know I am always grateful.

Sarah Travis September 30, 2015 - 9:01 am

This is such an encouragement to me! I am not a mother but Lord willing I will be one day and I need to soak up truth like this in preparation for feeling like a failure! Thank you 🙂 #WomenWithIntention

IFEOMA SAMUEL October 1, 2015 - 8:55 am

Hi Sarah, I am touched by your response. The Lord will grant you your heart desire in Jesus Name.
Thank you for joining in. I am grateful.

Elizabeth Spencer September 30, 2015 - 11:10 am

"You need to shred that unreal expectation of becoming a picture-perfect mom." Absolutely! This charade serves no one well and only causes us to waste our energy chasing a perfection that belongs to Jesus alone. Thank you for sharing your heart…stopping by from Women with Intention!

IFEOMA SAMUEL October 1, 2015 - 10:10 am

Hi Elizabeth, I couldn't agree more. So good seeing you over here.
Loads of Blessings to you

JES September 30, 2015 - 11:12 am

This is excellent! Thank you for sharing on the Art of Home-Making Mondays! 🙂

IFEOMA SAMUEL October 1, 2015 - 10:24 am

Thank you Jes. God Bless

Susan B. Mead October 2, 2015 - 12:11 pm

Ifeoma, girlfriend, your words are a BLESSING! ♥ Drink your daily dose of grace, one day at a time. Yes!

Amen!

IFEOMA SAMUEL October 3, 2015 - 9:26 am

Hi Susan, good to have you over Susan.
Thank you for your kind words.
Blessings to you, Susan

I Will Bloom October 2, 2015 - 12:11 pm

Great post, Ifeoma. And an issue I think all Mama's have struggled with and will always struggle with.

IFEOMA SAMUEL October 3, 2015 - 9:29 am

Couldn't agree more, Helen.
Thank you for coming over I appreciate it.
God Bless, Helen

Anastasia October 2, 2015 - 1:56 pm

"Drink your daily dose of grace, one day at a time." Oh yes, this has become my daily prayer in motherhood and being a wife. We need so much grace just to get through the day. I also love how you pointed our that the other mom's aren't perfect either. I need to remember that more often. Awesome post and much needed!

IFEOMA SAMUEL October 3, 2015 - 9:37 am

Hi Anastasia, I am smiling here! Daily Grace to get through the day. Yes Friend, Yes!

You are on track, Ana.

Lori T October 2, 2015 - 5:50 pm

Isn't it funny how we all think someone else has it together more than we do? That picture perfect life is not so perfect when you peek in the window. I'm so thankful for that daily dose of grace. Thanks for linking up with Thankful Thursdays.

IFEOMA SAMUEL October 3, 2015 - 9:49 am

HI Lori, the sooner we get over the thoughts that the other mother has everything, the more peaceful we would be.
I am thankful for God's Grace too.
Blessings to you

Kela October 2, 2015 - 8:08 pm

Great points! I think that more than we realize it, our children think we're pretty awesome!
Visiting from the Truth and Grace link up!

IFEOMA SAMUEL October 3, 2015 - 9:51 am

Hi Kela, Well Said, friend!
I wish you left a link to your blog. Would have loved to visit you too.
Thank you for stopping by.

Raising Samuels October 2, 2015 - 9:43 pm

What a beautiful message! We are so hard on ourselves as Moms. We are each gifted in our own talents and it makes it so hard when we compare ourselves to other Moms. I am so glad you shared this encouraging post with #SocialButterflySunday! Hope to see you link up again this week 🙂

IFEOMA SAMUEL October 3, 2015 - 9:59 am

Thanks Kelly, I appreciate you stopping by.
You are right, we all have our own gifts and talents.
Blessings to you Kelly