I have a dear friend who recently lost her a 12 year old son. She surprises me every
time she speaks of those moments. Going through grief, my friend chose one only thing.
She chose gratitude in the midst of the storms of life.
May be you are not as strong as my friend. Or perhaps you find it difficult to see God in
that situation, then this is for you.
Can you still be grateful in hard days?
No matter how tough life is goes, Thanksgiving is possible.
Whether it is battling recession or surviving cancer, or painful separation, loss of a loved one etc. in these unsavory moments we can make our hearts sing with thanksgiving.
I imagine you raising your eyebrow and wondering thankful for what?
7 Ways You Can Remain Thankful Even In Hard Days…
1. Prayer of Thanksgiving: As my sweet friend and I continued our discussion she told me how she chose a simple prayer, said it every day until the stormy days were over.
Thank you Lord for choosing me as a vessel to show case Your Glory even at
Can we choose gratitude during the bleak days? Yes, friend. I have said this more than I can count that there is tremendous power in prayer.
Even if it is a word or a sentence we make with all our heart, the Lord hears us.
2. Make Thankfulness An Attitude: Thanksgiving is beyond our feelings it is about our attitude. When we make thanksgiving a part of us, the stormy days don’t count!
In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.
1 Thessalonians 5:18
During the difficulties we should find more reasons to remain thankful. When last did you thank God without nagging about something?
Ponder on this for a while: Do you need an attitude readjustment?
3. Choose To Be Grateful Everyday: Be Dogged about it. I want you to choose gratitude every single-waking day of your life. It is a choice and a good one at that.
Choose to be thankful no matter what! Well if you get a little naggy always then you should read >>This<<
4. Remember Who Owns You: We are not run by the economy or the government of the world. This alone should remain a constant reminder that you live a life it pleases the King.
So we thy people and sheep of thy pasture will give thee thanks for ever: we will shew forth thy praise to all generations. Psalm 79:13
*Gratitude is one of those attributes that makes God happy.
*Thankfulness shows we trust God.
*Thankfulness implies you are grateful for all that He’s done, all that He will do and is doing.
5. Choose Contentment: Sometimes what drives our day hard is our lack of contentment.
But godliness with contentment is great gain. I Timothy 6:6
Add to your godliness, contentment. Be satisfied with the loads of benefits the Lord grants
you daily. Remember you aren’t paying for those. In fact, there are many of the blessings the Lord gives us we didn’t pray for.
Always remember, there are many blessings you have you didn’t Pray for and Pay for
6. Writing a Thanksgiving Journal. There are many wonderful journals or you could
create one yourself. Draw pictures paste photos or make a scrap book out of it.
I once wrote 50 things I am grateful for.
7. Share Your Story. Believe it or not my faith was encouraged when my friend her story of hope and gratitude. It blessed my heart to see someone wholeheartedly bless the Lord for a contrary situation.
Give thanks unto the Lord, call upon his name, make known his deeds among the people.
1 Chronicles 16:8
Are you in? Share your testimony today. It may be the one thing that gives hope to someone.
By His Great Grace,