Depression. Frustration. Lies and more lies.
Poorly trying to remember whose Word should be in my heart.
My heart sunk under the weight of the enemy’s taunting thoughts.
I grabbed my Bible it was time for a shaking up. As I paced around I declared the authority of God’s Word and Truth. Whether it is the War room movie style or not, it is a powerful reminder to constantly stamp the authority of God in your life.
Do you know you have an authority?
Yes, an authority over those snakes and poisons of scorpions.
God has given us authority to tread upon snakes and scorpions. Luke 10:19 Psalm 91:13
Are you stuck in a rut?
Are you paralyzed with fear, lies and poison from the enemy?
You know sometimes I wish the enemy really took a break. But who am I kidding. It is his nature to hunt for innocent souls. The enemy is tirelessly working because he knows his time is up. More than ever the lies are fashioned as arrows and shot as God’s people.
But there’s a way out, sisters.
As you study through Deuteronomy 6:5-8 and Psalm 119:11-16 it is all about hiding God’s Word in your heart a constant reminder.
The Word in our heart keeps us from falling.
The Word keeps us from falling from the tricks of the enemy.
The Truth of God’s Word is what keeps our heart from sliding.
You can resist the devil.
You can reject every lie.
Yes, every lie against your marriage, your health, your life, your kids, your home etc. Reject those lies now! I have heard some of these too. I am sure I am not alone.
When the enemy’s lies come knocking, hold on to these eight God-Truths that shred every facet of lies.
- God is More than Enough. The enemy’s lies are about things reaching for our deepest desires. The temptation comes through that which you long for. The enemy brings contrary opinions and alternative suggestions. See the temptation of Jesus. The self same human desires but all coming at the cost of losing one’s soul.
None of these things satisfies the soul no matter how much we long for them. Jesus encourages us to seek God first. Because none of these things we run after satisfies.
When we seek God our soul is enriched and satisfied. 2 Corinthians 3:5
- God is good and faithful all the time. Don’t be deceived to think God is good only when times are good. Don’t ever think God abandons you when times are hard. Afflictions, persecutions, hardships are a real part of our faith. We love God not because times are good or because of the blessings we receive. We love him because we know how much love He has showered on us.
Circumstances we face will never change the nature of God. Our love is tested and proved when we are going through tough times. When a good friend of mine gave me this scripture years ago she had survived cancer twice. Yet she looked at me with a smile and said, Ifeoma, the Lord is good. Nahum 1:7
Look at all the faith testimonies written in Hebrews 11. These men and women never gave up their faith. In fact the scriptures says, that the world was undeserving of them. They laid down their lives for the sake of the love they believed. Such faith!
Jesus has given you the victory. We overcome by the Blood of Jesus Christ and the Word of our testimony. The believer’s authority is rooted in the Word. We have the authority through Christ Jesus. The only thing that should make you worried is if you truly do not have Jesus.
- God loves you. Yes grace and mercy are made available through Jesus. I am grateful for the love I have received and so have you. God’s love for you should move you not those lies you heard.
Dear sister, the rape the violence and the humiliation you faced doesn’t make God’s love for you less. Your past, your mistakes, your guilt are drowned in the pool of the Blood of Jesus. Let God’s love shine in your heart. Let the light of Jesus into your soul.
Always does the enemy seek to condemn God’s people.
Always does he rehearse the past.
Always does he sit as the accuser.
But God’s love is there for you. All you need is to embrace God’s love and walk in the newness of life Jesus has given you. Jeremiah 31:3
- God’s Grace is Sufficient. Living a righteous life means the enemy would keep coming at you but God’s grace is sufficient for you. God’s grace is available for you to keep the faith. God’s grace is available for you to get through this. It wasn’t easy for Paul to go through life with the thorn in his flesh.
Truth is some of us will have this same thorn reminding us of grace. It doesn’t mean we drop our faith. It means we have the grace to overcome sin, Satan and hell. It means we have the grace to go through this and come out victorious. 2 Corinthians 12:9
- Jesus has set you free. Whoever is in Christ is free from the bondage of the enemy. When sin, bondage and temptation stares you in the face, remember you are free in Jesus name.
Free to walk in the newness of life.
Free to live a holy life in Christ.
You are forgiven. Jesus invites you to live in eternal hope.
Do you have Jesus?
If you’d like to know Him, start with this simple prayer.
Dear Jesus, I come into my heart, have mercy on me and forgive my sins. Teach me your ways heavenly Father and help me to follow you in Jesus name. Amen
- God made you beautifully and fearfully. You are created with care and intention. The lie you aren’t pretty enough, you aren’t drop dead gorgeous is a deceit of the enemy. True beauty is the hidden man. Physical beauty fades. It never lasts.
But the beauty that continually glows and remains irresistible is found in the woman who fears God. We are stuffed with the idea that the outward appearance of the woman is constantly in need of a makeover, augmentations, boosting and make-ups. This obsession is a deception. It is the inner man that needs a transformation. It is the mind that needs to be renewed. Psalm 139:14
- God cannot lie. It is impossible for God to lie. The devil deceived Eve through lies that tried to make God seem like the liar. In the end, her unbelief plunged the human kind into this. Hebrews 6:18-19
Countless times, remind yourself this truth. Write, if you will, God cannot lie. Has He said it, He will do it. God cannot lie to you. His promises and His Word is Yes and Amen
- God never fails those who trust him. Those that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength. They would need strength for the long haul. See Elijah needed to be strengthened for the journey ahead. Isaiah 40
Dear Jesus, teach our hearts to wait on You. Trust God to show up. Trust Him to make a way for You.
Get all the materials required for this study including prayer prompts, HERE.