Advent Day 5: The Joyful Season

by IFEOMA SAMUEL

“Look, there on the mountains, the feet of one who brings good news,
    who proclaims peace! Celebrate your festivals, Judah,
    and fulfill your vows. No more will the wicked invade you;
    they will be completely destroyed” Nahum 1:15

Did you know that God designed times for celebration?

Sometimes we tend to think that people are the ones who dreamed up joy and laughter. We place God in our “serious box,” and set Him aside when we want to have fun.

But He tells us to celebrate the festivals! We have been given the best news of all—the peace of God has been brought to us. Because of Jesus, goodness has triumphed, and we have found freedom.

How can I stay silent when the Son of God has come into my life?

What kind of celebrations are worthy of the King of Kings?

Will I offer Him my own joyous praise?

Family Activity: Look for old or recent joyful music Blurays, DVDs, ipad or CDs etc. Connect to your speakers. Enjoy quality hour of praise together as a family.

Prayer: Dear Lord, help our hearts find true and pure joy in your presence. As we lift our hands in worship, thanksgiving and praise, receive our gifts today. Pour out your blessings upon us.

About The Author

Bettie Gilbert can be found in a small town in Southeast Wisconsin, where she lives with her husband of 38 years.

You can find her blogging at BettieGsraseasons.blogspot.com where she is seeking to be transparent with the journey that God has her traveling with Rheumatoid Arthritis, Fibromyalgia, and Osteoporosis.

Don’t forget to subscribe for free to receive these devotionals in your mail.

You may also like

7 comments

Ifeoma Samuel December 5, 2017 - 9:26 am

Thank you for sharing this precious words dear friend.
God bless

BettieG December 6, 2017 - 2:09 am

Dear Ifeoma, Thank you for including me here with you this month! I am so blessed by the ways that God joins us all together in HIS Body, bringing praises from our hearts! Blessings to you!

Linda Stoll December 5, 2017 - 12:43 pm

celebrations, festivals, joy, delight!

Jesus has come!

so good to reconnect with you again, Ifeoma … and thank you, Bettie. i’ll be checking out your site.

bless you both!

BettieG December 6, 2017 - 2:10 am

Dear Linda,
Oh yes, what joy and delight we have because our Lord has come! It’s nice to meet you here, Linda! Blessings to you also!

Cheryl December 7, 2017 - 4:41 am

You are so right…I truly believe God smiles when He sees His children rejoice and celebrate life and the gifts He has bestowed! Thank you for your encouragement and sweet presence in my life, dear friend. God bless you!

BettieG December 8, 2017 - 3:39 am

Oh Cheryl, I am grateful for your encouragement in my life also! What a Precious Lord we have, Who comes alongside us through every moment! We have so much to celebrate when we think about His Presence with us, don’t we? Blessings to you!

Meghan Weyerbacher December 19, 2017 - 12:42 am

Bettie this is so warm. I appreciate you friend, and you too Ifeoma. I am blessed to get to know you ladies through your gift of writing and sharing. Merry Christmas!